Always though this online-spreading-tell-us-about-yourself phenomena had died out long ago, never though it’ll come back to me, especially in a Chinese written blog. Usually I only see this in xanga, or elsewhere…anyways, I’m having much fun filling this out.
I was tagged by Tim, one of my closest friends whom I grew up with since elementary school in Taipei, Taiwan. The rules for this tag-you’re-it! game are:
1. English – I couldn’t speak English for the first five or six years when I arrived to the U.S. I could say very little, like “hi, hello, goodbye,” but nothing complex; mainly because I was forced to learn English against my will. It was hard to understand then, but now I appreciate it more than anyone would.
2. Teaching English – I want to choke all of my English teachers & professors from high school up to university (except one or two), I get bad grades because I don’t understand the words they said, not because I am stupid or lazy. Some of them don’t give a damn about your grade or performance, they just want to get rid off you and throw you into ESL class, so you’re no longer their concern. Despite the fact that my English sucked and I hated English, I still became a darn English teacher. I did my requirement, got my training, and done my student teaching session. And I’ve taught as a private tutor in an English institute in Taiwan, and in my graduated university in the ESL Department. The more you hate something, the more it’ll come back to you. Now I believe it.
3. Cultural Anthropology – This is my major study and I have a degree in this field. Not many people will ever ever ever understand why in the world I picked this major, especially people from the Asian culture. “This is useless! you cannot make money! are you out of your mind?” ay, I just laugh it off. I don’t bother to explain it anymore becuase it get tired after you’ve explained it so many times. So figure it out yourself. That’s if you have a functional brain.
4. Elementary School – Probably the best time in my life in my memory. There was no worries, no obligations, no responsibilities, and no bills to pay. Everyday I would wake up, get ready, go buy breakfast, then go to school. I lived not too far away from school so I only had to walk some minutes. And on the way to school I’ll see my other friends, and then we’ll walk together and chat along the way. It was happy, it was.
5. Geographic Location – I am from the East Coast (South Jersey – North Jersey – New York), but recently moved to South California. Can’t say I like Cali that much, it’s too hot, too many cars (and too many dumb drivers who shouldn’t even be driving at all), too much traffic on highway, and bad polluted air. I though New York was bad, phew damn wait until you see the industry area in CA.
6. Webs – I started learning about html in 1997, but didn’t actually start making websites until a year later. I had much fun back in the days; and I remember tacocity was my first free host. Then geocities, xoom, angelfire, tripod, hypermart, and a sister company of hypermart…virtual something. I got addicted to CGI scripts later on and I’ve done some editing stuff. But I can’t compose any because I suck at C programming.
7. Work – I’ve done many jobs before, most of them just part time jobs, nothing serious. I worked as a chef; Italian cusine, American breakfast, Chinese cuisine, and other homemade food. Then there was a time that I was a Chinese food delivery boy. Then went into the IT field for my attended university for some years. I’ve also worked in UPS, as one of those labor intensive working ants. Later on I switched to teaching job. Didn’t last long before I moved to California, and now I’m working in the kitchen cabinet industry. life changes, and it is subject to change without any notice.
Tag: Anna Bunnie! You’re it! Mom I know you read my blog too, so if you are bored one day you can try it too.